Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day 28: Given the green light to ride my bike again

And since I don't have a car and I live in Holland, that's a pretty good thing. Once you get used to riding a bike around here, there's nothing like it.

My doctor did tell me today that riding my bike now presents the peculiar problem of any crash potentially resulting in the handlebars going into my new organ! Is there anything they don't think of?? I suppose it's good to know - I never realised how unprotected my new kidney is, just sitting there right up front, enjoying the ride with me, not snug in the back, underneath my ribcage. I'm going to have to make sure not to follow Gary on his crazy sprints across roads, something I've never been fond of anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Wendy, I'm the exhusband off Sarah. I would to see the article in the UK paper that made all this happen. Did I ovelook it on your blog or is it really not there?
    Also I got some other questions, maybe if you feel like it you could sent me a mail.

    Greetings, Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy:
    What a great idea to write this blog. It is great to read what has happened to you since you first started writing it and seeing your good health redevelop.
    Keep up with the writing. I am sure it will be of help to others to read it.
    M

    ReplyDelete