Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 35: Drugs are being dropped and life is good

Today I had my weekly appointment & blood draw with the transplant hospital, LUMC. I had mentioned the headaches last week and today, Dr. De Vrees asked me if I am still having them. The answer is a solid YES. I also said 'I know my body and I'm retaining some water and am having all of the other side-effects from too high of a dosage'. He agreed that it was too high and said that next week it would be decreased from 250mg, 2x per day to 200mg, 2x per day. I left the hospital counting the days.

I had a phone call from him later, saying he'd checked my blood levels and that it is indeed too high. I was advised to take 50mg less per day at a dosage of 225mg, 2x per day. I am very happy about this and feel my confusion and frustration becoming less and less.

No comments:

Post a Comment