Monday, December 22, 2008

Day 5: More good news!

What a healthy donor! My creatinine, (a protein that is filtered by the kidneys, so measures the kidney function) is, as of yesterday, in a normal range. It is apparently very good to be this far ahead only 5 days after surgery. I am super excited; it's hard to lie here in the hospital bed much..i keep walking around the ward - not much to see. And thankfully the donor was allowed to go home today. I miss him already. Walking down to his ward was the highlight of my time in here. I'ts pretty hard to be in the timeless capsule in comparison with Christmas coming in the outside world.

That said, I should be out for Christmas! Maybe even Christmas Eve. I can't wait to go home and see some twinkly lights and the sparkly eyes of my lovely man.

And my poor pussycat, she's all afluster. She misses me and doesn't know where I am. I shall greet her with kisses and purrs of my own and tell her not to jump on my sore belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment