Thursday, December 25, 2008

Day 8: Home for the holidays!

I'm home, I'm happy and my new kidney is working like a trooper. I am so thankful for my fantastic donor and am thrilled whenever i get messages from him that he is a hero in his local village, beers bought for him wherever he goes. Yay, Tim!

In a few days, the East Anglian Daily Times will run a follow-up story on the transplant and I'll be able to post photos of Tim and me together, post-operation. Very exciting.

And, to top it all off, Gary is making a 3-course meal and since he's such a fantastic cook and my appetite is back (raging, actually), I can't wait until 'Gary's Bistro' is open for dinner.

Happy holidays to everyone!
xx

3 comments:

  1. Hey, glad your doing well and have had a lovely christmas!! Hope the new year brings lots happiness for you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise,
    Im wondering how things are going for you now. I havent seen any post since 2008, maybe Im reading things wrong. Im in Canada, I had a kidney-pancreas transplant in March 2003. Ive gone through many challenges since then, mostly from the medication, but Im still happy not to be on hemodialysis. Im coming up on 15 years, time flies.

    ReplyDelete


  3. Do you want to donate your kidnney for money? We offer $500,000.00 USD (3 Crore India Rupees) for one kidnney,Contact us now urgently for your kidnney donation,All donors are to reply via Email only: hospitalcarecenter@gmail.com or Email: kokilabendhirubhaihospital@gmail.com
    WhatsApp +91 7795833215

    ReplyDelete