Tuesday, December 30, 2008

And...the Publicity!! Radio 5 - BBC this morning.

The U.K. has really picked up on our story. We were featured in several Sunday papers, including the Daily Mail, News of the World, The Mirror and Channel 4. Yesterday we were on page 19 of The Sun, the biggest tabloid in the U.K., (complete with very bad photo of me in the hospital looking wiped out!). Radio 5 is about to call this morning to do a live interview with me and Tim. Tim was on television yesterday, too. He is now famous for doing this, something that will hopefully spur on the idea that, for the right person, donation can be a positive experience.

I intend to try to direct the conversation this way when interviewed this morning. After all, this story is no longer really about 'us', but about the chance for other people to see that donation to a stranger is a chance for both parties to be rewarded - not only in health, but in the power of human giving and receiving.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2075547.ece

2 comments:

  1. You are Wonderwoman! Congratulations on coming through the op, Wendy. And Happy New Year to you, Gary, your Mum, and Prezzie. My parents left yesterday, now 2 friends are staying over, my car is kaput - so I need to buy & sell pronto. I'm flying to Florida tomorrow (work) and am vscrabbling around for the rent money! Delighted to hear Radio 5 covered your amazing story. Hope to catch you by phone soon. Keep yer pecker up! Love Maire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is so amazing!! How did it all come about? So soon too it seems? I have still not heard from anyone about my blogs but I guess its something that happens everyday and your story is truly fantastic!! xx

    ReplyDelete