Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 47 - Not so much to report

The odd thing about blogging, in my mind, is that I never know if anyone is reading the blogs. Is it just my particular info, going into the ether? So when I received an email from a friend telling me that I must update it at least every 3 days or he would become concerned, I thought to myself, 'Maybe people assume that post-op life is one of relaxed bliss, propped up on pillows while blogging away'. I can assure you that it isn't like that. See yesterday's post for more info.

The person who instructed me to write in the blog more often has now suggested that if I write something controversial, I may have commenters so that I know people are reading the blog. But stirring controversy isn't what I'm after with this blog. Controversy is for fame seekers and the media is all about creating controversy. I'm tired of the whole thing. That's why I now live in The Netherlands and not Los Angeles. But I digress.

As far as the hospital visits go, last week I was told that I now only have to go for check ups once every 2 weeks, so it will be a real break for me not to have to go this week, as it's a distance to travel and a bit of a production having blood drawn and urine tests done.

It has been a much needed break for me not to write anything about disease or post-op care with such regularity. For life as a more healthy person has a way of swallowing up the time:

I am currently busy with work (2 full days last week), reading (George Eliot's 'The Mill on the Floss' - controversial in 1860!), shopping for food to make wintery dinners. We have a friend here building some much-needed shelves for Gary's (overly, in my humble opinion) extensive record collection. As he has been here in our woonkamer (Dutch for living room) for 3 days straight, that leaves the tiny bathroom, the small kitchen and the bedroom in which to retreat. It's been trying to snow; it's bitterly cold and windy (-7 celcius, 19.4 farenheit). The canals are frozen. It's not much fun to be outdoors because of the wind. So I've been trying to cheer up by looking up sourdough-starter and bread recipes; that will be a project for this week. It's just too hard to relax with someone working in the house. And that's it for another tame session of my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, well I can tell you that I am reading your blogs. I feel the same way, no one seems to comment on my blogs anymore and I wonder if anyone is reading them. I obviously dont do it for the comments but it is nice to know people are reading and its either helping them is some way or inspiring them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy,

    I just wanted to let you know I came across this blog and I am reading it. I'm on the other side of the equation- I am going through tests to see if I can donate to a stander. I was looking for a blog that told the other side of the story!

    ReplyDelete